What to Wear to a Wedding in Hawaii in 2023
Attending a wedding in Hawaii in 2023 can be exciting and fun, but it’s important to dress appropriately for the occasion and the climate. Here are some tips on what to wear:
- Consider the wedding dress code: Before deciding on an outfit, make sure you know the dress code for the wedding. Hawaiian weddings can range from formal to casual, so be sure to ask the couple for any specific guidelines.
- Opt for lightweight fabrics: Hawaii is known for its warm and humid climate, so it’s important to choose lightweight fabrics that are breathable and comfortable. Cotton, linen, and silk are great options.
- Embrace the tropical theme: A Hawaiian wedding is a great opportunity to embrace the tropical theme. Consider wearing bright colors, floral prints, or a traditional Hawaiian shirt (known as an aloha shirt).
- Dress comfortably: You’ll likely be spending a lot of time standing and dancing, so choose shoes that are comfortable and easy to move in. Avoid high heels or dress shoes that may sink in the sand if the ceremony or reception is held on the beach.
- Accessorize appropriately: Keep accessories simple and minimal. Consider wearing a sun hat or a pair of sunglasses to protect yourself from the sun. A lei, a traditional Hawaiian flower necklace, is also a great way to add a touch of island charm to your outfit.
If you are planning a wedding in Hawaii, choose a dress that reflects the beauty of your location. Whether it’s a traditional Hawaiian dress or a more modern dress that suits you, it will look great against the backdrop of Hawaii’s sandy beaches and blue waters.
The holoku wedding dress was made in honor of the missionaries who came to the islands. Its classic look, even shown in the movie Blue Hawaii, is perfect for more traditional brides and ceremonies out of the sun. This style often has a plume, white, long sleeves and high collar, often with lace.
It can be difficult to find a ready-to-wear holocaust dress. If so, consider finding a seamstress to make you a custom dress. A pattern, like the one from the Victoria Jones collection, is a great way to get a holocoat that fits you perfectly.
Muumuuu or loose dresses
A muumuu dress is a loose fitting dress that is flattering to almost everyone. However, brides on the short side should look for slightly more body-skimming designs, so they won’t be overwhelmed. Look for one with ruffles at the shoulders or hemline. They often come with images of hibiscus and other native plants and flowers.
Traditional colorful dresses
Not all wedding dresses in Hawaii have to be white. Traditional, with palm trees or leaves and tropical plants, is also a beach wedding dress style you can wear. While the color is not necessarily traditional for weddings, the pattern is one that mimics the islands. They work well for more casual ceremonies, and if you feel the white color washes you out.
Modern dresses for Hawaiian weddings.
Getting married in Hawaii doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice your personal style just to fit in with the islands. You can choose a modern look that still looks good in your chosen Hawaii destination. For example:
Casual beach weddings mean you can pick a dress that’s more daring. The tie back wedding dress from Hawaiian Wedding Place is a great choice in traditional white.
Not all Hawaiian dresses have to be simple or easy. Instead, pick up a Poufy wedding dress at wedding shop. The puffy skirt with gathers is fuller for a more formal ceremony and almost resembles rolling waves.
Short and strappy
If you want to wear a short dress, choose the white Kau Wela wedding dress from Jade Fashion. It’s mid-calf length with spaghetti straps, making it simple enough to stand the test of time.
In fact, you can even go to a Hawaiian wedding dress designer, such as Joelly Perry, for a custom dress. A customized dress will not only reflect your personal style, but will also be unique on your wedding day.
Dreamy beach styles
The dress you choose should reflect your beautiful Hawaiian location. However, it is also one that you should be comfortable in. Look for a dress that matches your dream and style, and you can’t go wrong.
Overall, the key to dressing for a wedding in Hawaii in 2023 is to keep it comfortable, breathable, and in line with the tropical theme.